Pages

Monday 10 June 2019

Te Iwa o Matariki | The Nine Stars of Matariki 2019,

Pohutukawa
Pōhutukawa holds tight to our memories of treasured people who have passed on. She encourages us to take time to remember them, and to acknowledge their impact on our lives.Someone that Forest & Bird remembers fondly this year is Judy Piesse. Her huge, lifelong passion for conservation (along with that of her husband Arn) is truly inspirational. Among many other things, Judy supported national action taken for the Manapouri, Whirinaki and Pureora forests in the 1960s, and she helped establish the Tahuna Torea Nature Reserve, the Pukorokoro Miranda Shorebird Centre, the Upper Coromandel F&B Branch, and the Auckland Minewatch group in the 1970s and 80s.
*Our question*
Who is your NZ conservation hero/heroine? My mum

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.