Pages

Friday 7 June 2019

Te Iwa o Matariki | The Nine Stars of Matariki


Matariki - 5
Tupu-ā-rangi has long looked out for the ngahere (forests), and he is deeply concerned by the collapse he is witnessing. Our native wildlife – manu (birds and bats), mokomoko (lizards), and ngārara (bugs) – are being ravaged by introduced pests and predators. As are our ancient rākau (trees) – like tōtara, pūriri, pōhutukawa and rātā. Tupu-ā-rangi encourages us to take action to help to bring our forests back to life again.
*Our questio
Name an introduced predator/pest that is threatening our forests.

  • Possums
  •   Rats.
  • Stoats.
  • Wasps.
  • Argentine ants.
  • Deer.
  • Feral cats.
  • Feral goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.