Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Te Iwa o Matariki | The Nine Stars of Matariki

Matariki - 1

Te Iwa o Matariki | The Nine Stars of Matariki


Waitī watches over our freshwater environments. Our awa (rivers), roto (lakes), kūkūwai (wetlands), and waipuna (springs) – to name just a few. As the waters flow, she sees how they support us, provide for us, connect us, and sustain us. Waitī has heard the important stories that our waters have to tell. She encourages us to listen, and to learn from them as well.
*Our question*
Fill in this sentence: Ko Makenzie te awa/roto/moana (Avon river is my river/lake/sea).


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.