Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Te Iwa o Matariki | The Nine Stars of Matariki

Matariki - 2
Waitā surveys our vast oceans, Te Moana-nui-o-Kiwa (the Pacific Ocean) and Te Tai-o-Rehua (the Tasman Sea). The variety of life in these waters is so diverse that he finds he is still discovering different species of marine plants, whāngote (mammals), manu (birds) and ika (fish) – even after all of this time. Biodiversity is essential to our world. Our actions need to support it, and even better still, enhance it. Waitā encourages us to respect our coasts and oceans, and treat their inhabitants like the taonga (treasures) they really are.
*Our question*
What NZ marine species (plant or animal) do you most treasure? Dolphin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.