Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Te Iwa o Matariki | The Nine Stars of Matariki

Matariki - 4
Tupu-ā-nuku has a special interest in our edible plants. This includes the natives pūhā (sowthistle), kawakawa (pepper tree), kōkihi (NZ spinach), and tī kōuka (cabbage tree). In watching the preparations for their growth and harvest, she has come to understand the importance of healthy soil. Tupu-ā-nuku encourages us to consider more carefully what we are putting into Papatūānuku (the earth), and in what quantities.
*Our question*
What are some more eco-friendly ways to garden? 
  • soil
  • water
  • sun
  • sticks
  • rope
  • rain
  • worms
  • stones

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.